Few things are as symbolic of Christmas in American culture as Santa traveling across the dark winter sky in his sleigh pulled by reindeers. He supposedly travels from the North Pole and delivers packages all over the world, although his home base varies depending on where you live: in Denmark, everybody knows he lives on Greenland, in Finland, he calls the mountain Korvatunturi home, and a few years ago, a Swedish company determined that Kyrgyzstan would be the ideal location for him, based on the rotation of the earth and where the majority of people are located.
Although in Sweden, he doesn’t arrive by sleigh at all; he walks, knocks on the door and comes in and hands out gifts in person. And in Holland, Sinterklaas arrives by boat from Spain. Regardless of what you believe, the image of Santa and his sleigh is a compelling one, and for today’s post, I have selected some of my favorite sleigh charms:
Collage by Charms Guide
1. Sterling silver charm bead by Chamilia
2. Sterling silver and garnet charm bead by Pandora
3. Sterling silver and red enamel charm by Links of London USA
4. 14k gold and enamel charm by HJ
5. Sterling silver and 9k gold charm from Clogau Gold
6. Sterling silver (also comes in 9, 14 and 18k gold) charm by Amanda Jo
7. Oxidized sterling silver charm by LGU
8. Enamel and gold plate charm necklace with a tiny diamante by Sparkle Thots
9. Sterling silver charm from JewelryWeb
10. Antique copper charm bracelet with pink glass beads by Ambient Zebra
For more Christmas-related charms, also see my Christmas Tree charms post.
All content © Charms Guide