This time of year, I always start longing for a house in the country, or at least a house of my own with a garden where I could grow vegetables and herbs and spend sunny afternoons weeding and pruning and picking homegrown lettuce for a dinner salad. Maybe one day… for now, I’m in an apartment in a large city, and the only green around me are the trees in neighboring yards.
To add a bit more living nature to my life, I have house plants and plans for a windowsill herb garden. But I recently found another awesome way to add more greenery to my everyday life: plant jewelry. Crafty (and green-thumbed) jewelry designers have come up with a variety of styles that admittedly do need a little bit of maintenance (some are to be watered on a regular basis; others should get just the right amount of sun to stay healthy), but that’s a small price to pay to be closer to nature! 🙂
Here are some fabulous finds:
1. Self-sustaining terrarium curve necklace from With Roots
2. Tiny handmade pendant vase for use with any plant of your choice. By Melinda Cunningham of Nature’s Adornments Pottery Studio
3. Short-lived, but very pretty (and an easy DIY) flower petal necklace. Idea and photo from Manekis pärlblogg
4. Maintenance free silver and plexiglass “twigs and moss” terrarium pendant by Tiny Terrains
5. The bold statement pieces from the Invenki line by Viola Living Jewels are made from a variety of metals, stones, feathers, and fairly sizeable plants
6. Potted succulent in a tiny handcrafted pendant pot (other plants are also available) from Recologies
7. The translucent acrylic polymer planter by Colleen Jordan works for both tiny cut sprigs and flowers as well as plants (you add the greenery yourself)
8. The wedding favor plant pendants from GemSprouts are created with recycled plastic and organically grown plants
9. The silver and Icelandic moss necklace by Hafsteinn Juliusson looks like a little window box – so cute!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission.