Elephants have long been symbols of strength, power, intelligence, wisdom and excellent memory in many cultures across the globe, and in some, they are even deities: India has Ganesh and Airavata, Thailand has Erawan. There are also lots of other beliefs and folklore associated with elephants, and many consider them to be good luck. Some say that is true only if the trunk is up; others claim only white elephants can be considered lucky.
I personally love elephants on everything and think they are all lucky. I never leave the house without my little Ganesh charm – he is said to bring wisdom and remove obstacles, and who can’t use that on a daily basis? I put him on either a necklace, bracelet or just as is in a pocket.
Here is a little roundup of some recent favorite elephant charm finds:
1. Trollbeads Indian elephant charm
2. 14k White, Yellow and Rose Gold Elephant Charm from GiveMeGold
3. This charm by artist Heidi Gibson is actually a tiny oil painting on canvas! From Charmed By Heidi
4. Good Luck Elephant Charm Necklace from Dogeared
5. “My” Ganesh, from Shanti Boutique Fair Trade Designs
6. Sterling Silver Elephant Charm from Thomas Sabo
7. Elephant cabochon charm in glass and 18k gold plated brass from Anthropologie
8. Elephant Good Luck Leather wrap Charm Bracelet from The Lucky Elephant